What the Hell?

Posted by Dave Nichols | Tuesday, February 17, 2009 | , , | 4 comments »

I go away for a weekend, and all hell breaks loose?

First, Odalis Perez isn't happy with the contract his agent negotiated with the team? Know what? So what. Hey "O", if you're not happy with $850,000, or whatever it is, you can sit at home. Just like Manny and many others.

Second, the Racing Presidents on Long Island? Seriously? I know it's President's Day, but I don't care. These are OUR mascots. Not the Islanders'. It would be gimmicky enough if it were at a Caps game, and I LIKE the Caps! But trotting OUR Presidents up to Uniondale to skate between periods at an Islanders-Penguins game? I just don't get it.

Were Nats sales reps up there trying to sell seats in the right field bleachers too?

Ugh. Can't wait to get back.

4 comments

  1. An Briosca Mor // February 17, 2009 at 2:41 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  2. Dave Nichols // February 17, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

    Like I said, it's just kind of gimmicky for me all around. I didn't realize there were a bunch of mascots at the one game. I still don't have to like it :)

  3. An Briosca Mor // February 18, 2009 at 8:52 AM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  4. Anonymous // February 20, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

    Screech has been to the Caps game though. He hung out with Caps mascot Slapshot at a game.