Correction and Apology

Posted by Dave Nichols | Friday, August 28, 2009 | , , | 1 comments »

Yesterday I reported that with six more home runs, Adam Dunn would become the first player in Major League history to record six straight 40-home run seasons.

As an "anonymous" commenter pointed out, this statement is inaccurate. I should have been more careful, as it is an easily verified statement. I edited yesterday's story to correct the inaccuracy.

George Herman "Babe" Ruth hit 40 or more homers every year between 1926 and 1932, seven straight seasons.

What's interesting is that in those seven seasons, including five seasons with over 140 RBIs, he was not awarded with the MVP trophy. His single MVP season was 1923, with 41 homers and 131 RBIs. He did hit .393/.545/.764 that year.

To all regular readers of Nats News Network, and any casual readers that stopped by yesterday, I apologize sincerely for the regrettable error.

And to the "anonymous" commenter that so eloquently pointed my error out, thanks for your diligence and caring enough to read my blog and point out my significant error.

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // August 29, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

    I like the stat that in the last 10 games that Adam Dunn has homered the Nats have gone 9-1

    That is impressive!