For Your Edification

Posted by Dave Nichols | Tuesday, July 01, 2008 | 1 comments »

So I recently had someone ask me, "Why don't you write a game story for every game?" I've been toying with the idea for awhile now, but honestly, the answer is simple, really: It takes a lot of time. I also write for DC Sports Box, and when it's my responsibility to write the game story over there, I'll post it here too. Otherwise, I will post daily with the GB&U, which seems to be working pretty well, and bust in with any breaking news throughout the day.

That said, I'm going on vacation!

Cheryl and I are going to her high school reunion in Idaho. For the sake of modesty, I won't detail how many years Cheryl's been out of high school. If she wants to post it in a comment, that's up to her. She's been organizing the whole thing from here, so on top of being particularly busy with work, she's also been working 8 hours a day on reunion stuff -- she was in a class of over 500!

After the reunion, we're going to Maui for 6 days to get a little R&R. It's A LOT cheaper to fly to Hawaii when you're already on the west coast, plus we got a great deal three months ago. So Hawaii, here we come.

What does this mean to you, dear reader? I'm still going to try to post every day, but the possibility exists that a day or two may slip away. Please don't give up on clicking my link because I couldn't post. I want ALL of you to still be reading when I get back. Just because I won't physically be at the games doesn't mean I can't offer snarky commentary about them.

And who knows, when I get back maybe I'll take it upon myself to write game stories every day.

Thanks for your patience. Hope everyone has a tremendous - but safe - 4th of July.

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 1, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

    Have fun.

    Here's an idea--what if you wrote a GBU for every game this weekend now? Just make youre predictions, and write it as if it's in the past tense. You could show off your prescience (or we could make fun of you while you're not around to defend yourself!) Either way, what fun!