$2.6 Million?!? Really?

Posted by Dave Nichols | Monday, December 22, 2008 | , , , | 3 comments »

Two-point-six million. Two million, six hundred thousand. Really?

I'm telling you now so that I don't have to say I told you so later. I know some of you are trying to take a positive approach to this. And in the spirit of the holidays I'm really trying not to be a Scrooge here. However, signing Daniel Cabrera to a $2.6 million dollar contract will be a waste of money and waste of 180 innings if he's healthy.

See, some of you are saying, "If he's healthy this is ok." I'm saying the opposite. I HOPE he's not healthy so we'll be subjected to his league leading walks, hit by pitches and wild pitches.

Daniel Cabrera stinks.

3 comments

  1. Anonymous // December 22, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

    We couldn't give Redding $2.6 million, could we? At least we know what we can get out of Tim. Bah Humbug!!!

  2. Anonymous // December 22, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

    We have no idea what we can get out of either.

    I do have an idea who has the greater upside and that would be Cabrera.

  3. blovy8 // December 23, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

    Cabrera beans all the good players in the division, they go on the DL, we reach the playoffs by attrition. The Nats overpaid to allow for all the league fines.