MASN just announced that they have hired Rob Dibble to replace Don Sutton on the tv broadcasts.

Here are the highlights from the release:

MASN has named Rob Dibble as the new color commentator for the Washington Nationals. He will join play-by-play man Bob Carpenter in the booth beginning with the 2009 season under a multi-year contract with MASN.

A 2-time All Star and MVP of the 1990 NLCS with the Cincinnati Reds, Dibble was part of the "Nasty Boys" bullpen which helped Cincinnati win the 1990 World Series. His broadcasting career includes stints at ESPN, Fox, and FoxSports.com.

"I'm excited to join MASN in covering one of the great new franchises in baseball, and I'm honored to be part of the MASN and Nationals' families. I will try to bring my experience as a pitcher, a ballplayer, and a broadcaster to the booth and bring fans a deeper understanding of what's happening on the field," said Dibble. "I've never been shy about sharing my opinion, so fans will know where I'm coming from."

Glad I have seasons tickets so I'll miss half the games on tv. Nowhere in the press release did they mention Dib's Emmy-winning stint on "The Best Damn Sports Show, Period."

Anyone else surprised it was a former Red that they hired? Didn't think so.

0 comments