A couple of quick links for you this evening to get away from the gnashing of teeth and rendering of garments around here today...

Stan Kasten discussed the situation in the Dominican Republic this afternoon. Chico at Nationals Journal has the transcript.

The money shot came in the Q&A after the briefing:

Q: You said as far as you're concerned this closes the book on the team's side. Does that mean you do not anticipate any more firings or removals of team employees?

Well, related to the Dominican, I think it closes the book on Jose and the Jose Rijo complex and all of that. And that's all I want to talk about today. As I said to you the other day, I am supporting and continue to support everyone who works for the Nationals, and that's not lip service.

In other news, Greg from Philly Sports Post contacted me out of the blue about answering some questions about our local nine today for a preview post he did on NL East opponents. You can find that here, if you're interested. Nothin' I haven't said before, but he did pin me down for a record prediction, so come October we can revisit it and see if I'm a genius or an idiot.

0 comments