Nats News Network Guest Blogs for MASN.com

Posted by Dave Nichols | Monday, April 04, 2011 | , | 0 comments »

Here's a plug for my guest blogging spot on MASN.com today.

In my first piece, I wanted to try to convey where I come from with regards to my approach to covering the Washington Nationals.

I'm a big believer in the statistical side of baseball.  To me 100 years of evidence is strong enough to convince me that "the right way to play the game" is not always the best way to play the game.

The other thing I wanted to get across is to remind folks that baseball -- and sports in general -- are supposed to be a diversion from the mundane and misery in our lives, not add to it.  It's okay to take sports seriously, but also take time to enjoy it.  You, and everyone around you, will feel better for it.

Anyway, I hope you like the piece, and I'll have a new post every day this week for MASN.com.  And thanks to the fine folks over there, specifically editor Pete Kerzel and Nats Buzz columnist Kristen Hudak for allowing me the space this week.

0 comments